Sunday 15 September 2013

current favourites.

Ahhhhhh this is my first post, I have wanted to start blogging for quite a long time now but have never had the confidence to do so until now (big smiley face). I would like to start by telling you about my favourite products beauty and make up. It was recently my birthday so I was bought a few treats which some of them I have been absolutely amazed by so they will definitely feature on this post.

  • I think the start to any look is a good base so a good foundation and primer is crucial to me, I have oily skin which can be an absolute nightmare! I know I shouldn't complain it means I wont get as many wrinkles when I'm older but I just find that my skin oxidises throughout the day making my foundation look darker and caked on which is not a good look! Recently I have found some great products, one that will not be new to anybody is the Laura Mercier oil free primer its made such a difference to me, my make up now lasts all day it feels lovely on the skin and definitely slows down the need for powder touch ups. This primer combined with the Laura Mercier silk creme foundation is my go to when I'm going out anywhere nice when I want full coverage and need it to be long lasting.This foundation has got a great option of colours I have the rose ivory as my skin is more pinker toned but even on days when I'm wearing fake tan I find with a bit of  Bourjois bronzing primer gives an incredible flawless finish. To really keep the lasting power I use Macs Prep and Prime loose powder as it is such a fine white powder that blends perfectly into your foundation and finish it off with a little spray of Urban Decays de-slick setting spray.
  • Mascara time! who doesn't want their lashes to be voluminous,curled, and have definition. This summer I went to Santorini on holiday and everyday I relied on Max Factors false lash effect waterproof mascara. I've bought this mascara every summer for the past few years, its completely beach proof and the name is true it does give a false lash flutter the only grumble I have with it is that its a very wet consistency, so be careful when applying but once its dried its brilliant.
  • For my birthday I received a House of Fraser voucher so i went shopping the day after and spent ages looking around the beauty department I just wanted to buy everything! I ended up buying the YSL glossy stain 103 its part of the new rebel nudes collection fronted by Cara Delevigne. I LOVE this lip product it just glides on lovely with not one little bit of stickyness and its got good staying power, as when the gloss has eventually worn off it leaves a stain. I liked all the colours but selected this one because I wanted a nude colour that was a bit more berry toned as I naturally have quite dark lips and found this would be perfect now autumn has arrived.
  • I've been a huge fan of Marc Jacobs perfumes for a long time now they are all quite easy to wear girly scents so when I opened one of my presents to find the new honey perfume I was delighted it smells so nice, the honey smell is quite subtle so its not too sweet and the bottle will look so cute on my dressing table.
Thanks for reading  
                                  Katie xxx


1 comment:

  1. I really want to try that boujois bronzer it looks amazing!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete